This program will take you to the wonders of Sao Miguel thru the green landscapes and amazing viewpoints.
- Day 1 | Arrival
- Day 2 | Hiking Faial da Terra (FD)
- Day 3 | Hiking in Sete Cidades (FD)
- Day 4 | Walking Thematic Tour Furnas (FD)
- Day 5 | Hiking Lagoa do Fogo (HD)
- Day 6 | Hiking Tour Nordeste (FD)
- Day 7 | Free day
- Day 8 | Departure
Day 1- Arrival
Arrival and transfer to the hotel. Free day.
Day 2- Hike Faial da Terra (Full Day)
Pick up at the hotel. Faial da Terra is a small village belonging to Povoacao, located in the South East of Sao Miguel Island. The hike starts on a steep narrow road that leads us to Sanguinho – a village that has been abandoned since the early 70’s and is now being restored. The rest of the trail is in the woods, with a lot of short up and down hill stretches between very dense and beautiful vegetation. Upon reaching Salto do Prego’s waterfall, we have the opportunity for a dip before our picnic lunch. On the way back we follow a different trail but with the same characteristics. When we finish the trail we have time for a snack in town and to mingle with the local people. This trail is not recommended for people with knee or ankle problems. Drop off at the hotel.
Day 3- Hike Sete Cidades (Full Day)
Pick up at the hotel. This full day tour will start with a drive by the south road with a picturesque view till Vista do Rei, the most famous viewpoint of Sete Cidades, where you can see the green and the blue lake. This is where the hike 8 km/+-5miles starts. The hike will go through the rim of Caldeira das Sete Cidades, on the right there will be Caldeira Seca, the parish and on the left, a view to the southwest coast of the island and its small villages. Stop for lunch/picnic by the lake and time to rest and enjoy the view. Return to Ponta Delgada and short tour at the Pineapple Plantion with an explanation on how this fruit is cultivated in the island. Drop off at the Hotel
Day 4- Thematic walking Tour Furnas (Full Day)
Pick up at the hotel. This day will be a little more relaxing, a mix between van and walking to fully enjoy the beauty of this Village, which wouldn't be seen on a hike. The tour starts by the south part of the island, there will be a passage thru inumerous villages like Lagoa and Vila Franca do campo ( former Capital), viewpoint at Caloura. The first stop in Furnas will be at the Lake and where the fanous "cozido das Furnas" ( several vegetables and meats) is cooked undergrounf by the heat of the volcano), brief explanation about how its processed and how long it takes as well observe hot springs and fumerolles. Continue to the charming and unique Village of Furnas and stop for lunch at a local restaurant, the cozido. Please advise if there's any allergies or food restrictions. After lunch, stroll thru the historic Botanical Park Terra Nostra, planted in the 18th century with breathtaking views, there will be an opportunity for a small swim at their natural warm water pool, which yellow/brown color is due to the high level of iron (we advise used swimwear that you won't mind having stained). The tour will continue taking the North side of the island, stop at viewpoints and visit Europe's only tea plantation at Gorreana. Brief explanation how the tea is processed and opportunity to have a cup of tea. More villages will be seen on your way to the Hotel in Ponta Delgada. Drop off at the hotel.
Day 5 - Hike Lagoa do Fogo (Half Day)
This hike will show different views and vegetation ending at a crater and highest Lake on the island, considered a Natural Reserve. Fire Lake is the youngest volcano of Sao Miguel. Stop for lunch/ picnic and continue the hike. drop off at the Hotel
Day 6- Hike Nordeste (FD)
Pick up at the hotel. Located in the eastern-most part of the island, Nordeste is considered to be the most beautiful region in the island and it has already been considered to be the most flower-rich region in Europe. this hike will take you to the most bautiful landscapes, stop fot lunch/picnic. continue the hike and return to the hotel.
Transfer out and departure.
- 7 nights Hotel
- Transfers airport | hotel | airport
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel
- English speaking guide
- Picnic during the Full day hiking days
- Lunch at a local Restaurant on Full day Furnas
- Lake and Park entrance fees
- Food crate with local products (Sao Miguel island only)
- Optional activities
- Activities are subject to weather conditions therefore the order of the itinerary may be altered.
- Bring comfortable light clothes, sweater, raincoat, walking boots or shoes, swimming suit and towel, hat, sunblock, backpack and bottle of water to refill.
- This is not a private program during the activities
- Private arrival and departure transfers.
Dates & Rates
|9/26/2023 - 9/30/2023||$3146||$3792||$2250||$2896||$1725||$2068||$1653||$1918|
|10/1/2023 - 10/31/2023||$2877||$3442||$1981||$2546||$1590||$1893||$1563||$1801|
Booking your vacation
- While prices are shown in $U.S dollars, we can also charge in Euros at the prevailing currency conversion daily rate
- Early booking is advised. Availability of accommodations
inter-island flight is limited especially in summer months
- If hotels named in itinerary are not available at time of booking, alternate similar
same rating properties will be confirmed, and subject to new quote.
- Order of islands visited may need to be altered due to
flight schedule changes
- Unless otherwise indicated, sightseeing tours are by
private car with English speaking driver. Other languages are
available upon request
- Quotations with different hotels have a non refundable deposit
of $50. Deposit will be credited towards final booking price
Booking your Vacation with Air
- International airfare for this package is additional to
price shown on Rates table. Departure cities are limited to those serviced
by SATA International (Azores Airlines)
- If you want a quote for airfare to be included make sure to
check yes when prompted during the booking/reservation
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $350 per
person per vacation is required to book and hold both land and air for you.
- Final payment is due 45 days before departure
- Option to pay full price up front is available
Cancellation Policy - Land Portion
- $350 per person if canceled up to 45 days from day of
arrival plus any other additional fees
- 25% of total reservation if canceled 15 to 45 days from day
of arrival plus any other additional fees
- 50% of reservation if canceled 7 to 14 days from day of
arrival plus any other additional fees
- No refunds if canceled less than 7 days from date
Cancellation Policy - Airfare
- Airfare cancellation terms and conditions will be provided to you before ticket is booked
- A 3.9% credit card assessed fee will be subtracted from any refunded payment, including deposits refunded due to services requested not available for date of booking.
I want to book. What do I do next?
- Click on the Book Now button to send your reservation request
- No payment will be collected at this time
- Our travel Associate will contact you via email to answer any questions and book your Package
- If you don't plan to book at this time please click here to contact us with any questions or concerns about your trip or your holiday
- A fee of $35 per person, per transaction, will be charged
for any revision or alteration made to a reservation after the booking
- If the change increases the value of the booking, the $35
per person fee will be waived
- We strongly recommend you purchase travel/cancellation
Ponta Delgada - Neat Hotel Avenida
Featuring free WiFi and a fitness center, Neat Hotel Avenida offers accommodations in Ponta Delgada.
Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Certain units have a sitting area where you can relax. All rooms come with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.
There is a hairdresser's at the property.
Car rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for horseback riding and windsurfing. Portas da Cidade is 1,000 feet from Neat Hotel Avenida, and Santuario Nossa Senhora da Esperanca is half a mile away. The nearest airport is João Paulo II Airport, 1.9 miles from Neat Hotel Avenida.
Ponta Delgada - Hotel Marina Atlantico
Hotel Marina Atlantico is in the center of Ponta Delgada overlooking the marina and the harbor. There is an indoor pool and the rooms are modernly furnished with cable TV.
The spacious, contemporary guest rooms at Hotel Marina Atlantico are air conditioned and fitted with a minibar. The private bathrooms feature complimentary bathroom amenities.
The on-site fitness centre is well-equipped and features flat-screen TVs. Guests can relax in Marina Atlantico’s sauna, steam bath or with a massage.
With views of the marina, the hotel’s Escuna Restaurant serves traditional Portuguese meals. Palhabote Bar on the ground floor has refreshing drinks and light snacks.
Marina Atlantico also has a full-service business center, a 24-hour front desk and a car rental service.
Ponta Delgada Airport is just 3 km away.