Pico Island Points of Interest
- Pico Mountain with an altitude of 2351 meters stands as a challenging hike.
- Whaler museums in Lajes, Sao Joao, and Sao Roque are worth visiting and depict an important historic and era of Pico.
- Wine tasting in Madalena and visiting the UNESCO protected wine country in Lajido, Cabrito, and Madalena.
- Gruta das Torres. A must-do in Pico features the longest lava tube in Europe.
- Pico features the best natural swimming holes in the Azores. Worth mentioning are the ones in S. Prainha, S. Roque, Santo Antonio, and Madalena.
- Wine tasting in Madalena and Lajido’s “Museu do Vinho”.
- Whale observation in Sao Joao and Lajes.
- Aldeia da Fonte. A “nature hotel” with its offering of excellent organic cuisine and wellness activities such as yoga.