Santa Maria Island Points of Interest
- Maia Bay and Sao Lourenco Bay – Two of the most beautiful bays in the archipelago, with cliff side vineyards. Both have bathing facilities.
- Anjos – The village is historically very significant as the first landfall of Christopher Columbus on his return from Americas.
- Santo Espirito – A pretty village surrounded by pastures with a beautiful parish church.
- Praia Formosa – Yellow sandy beach, one of the best in Azores.
- Some viewpoints – “Fontinhas”, “Lagoinhas”, “Espigao”, “Picos”, and of course “Pico Alto” with 1926 feet (587 m).