Flores Island Points of Interest
- The Rocha dos Bordoes – Solidification of basalt into vertical fluting.
- Aguas Quentes – Small hot springs of boiling sulfurous water.
- The peaks of Sete Pes, Burrinha, Marcel and Morro Alto (which at 3000 feet or 914 m is the highest point on the island).
- The seven lakes in the central part of the island make for a magnificent landscape, especially Lagoa Funda (Deep lake).
- The Waterfall of Ribeira Grande at Fajazinha drops hundreds of meters and has at least twenty waterfalls many of which drop into the sea.
- The Groto de Enxareus, an enormous cavern, about 164 feet (50 m) long and 82 feet (25 m) wide.
- The Bay of Alagoa – A group of islets and peninsulas.
- Fajazinha – A characteristic village by the sea with picturesque ruins of water mills.